Need a Fresno Divorce Lawyer for help with your Fresno divorce and Family Law?
When it comes to the dissolution of your marriage, it is important to ensure that you have the highest quality representation on your side. When individuals file for divorce, I understand that they have made one of the biggest and most impactful decisions of their life. They must understand, however, that the decisions are not over. With the decision to divorce comes many more. At the Law Offices of Rick D. Banks, I can be your guide to help you weigh each option to choose the right one for you and your family.
It is difficult to agree on many legal aspects with the other member of the divorce. With a Fresno divorce lawyer by your side, navigating this difficult journey can be much simpler and less stressful. At the Law Offices of Rick D. Banks, I can help you with the following decisions and aspects of divorce:
Free Fresno Divorce Guide.
Fresno Divorce Lawyer – Call (559) 892-1278
- Alimony: Alimony, or spousal support, is the financial payments from one spouse to another. Alimony is not mandatory in each divorce, but depending on the situation, may be required by the judge to compensate for one party’s income.
- Child Custody: One of the most angrily contested details of a divorce is child custody. Who has physical and legal custody of a child is typically important to both parties of a divorce. The individual who has guardianship of the child will usually be a larger part of the child’s life.
- Child Support: After a divorce, the non-custodial parent typically pays child support to the custodial party. It is important to have adequate financial support of the children and this is a primary concern of the judge.
- Contested Divorce: A contested divorce is one in which both parties are not able to agree upon the matters of divorce. The spouses may require their case to go to court to be determined by a judge who has authority to make the final decision.
- Father’s Rights: It is important that, as a father, you ensure that your rights are protected. The first step is ensuring that you know and understand your legal rights in divorce. Learn about your rights as a father during divorce by a Fresno divorce attorney.
- Father’s Rights Do’s and Don’ts: Knowing what to do during a divorce as a father is essential to the protection of your rights. Rather than allowing the other party to take advantage of the situation, your rights should be safeguarded by Fresno divorce attorney who can tell you the do’s and don’ts during divorce.
- Prenuptial Agreements: Prenuptial agreements allow couples to decide how to handle their assets and property in the future. When couples do not create prenups, California’s laws determine how their property is distributed and the parties have no control.
- Property Division: One of the largest decisions that must be made during divorce is that of property distribution.
- Uncontested Divorce: When the two parties of a divorce can make decisions in an amicable manner, which is called an uncontested divorce.
- Visitation: When one party retains custody of the child or children, the other party is typically given visitation rights. This schedule agreement is to be precisely followed. If your family is struggling with one of the above matters during or after divorce, obtain the legal assistance of a Fresno divorce attorney from my firm.